Monday, December 22, 2008

What to expect when expecting to marry... Kacey.

I writhe at dirty dishes, yet it takes everything in me to put them (approximately 1 foot to the left) into the dishwasher. Then, every ounce of effort to stop what I am doing to empty the dishwasher once it's done. I act like loading it was such a task, that I deserve about a week to think about dishes again. An hour later, my dishwasher beeps and me until I pay it some attention. I realize this is my battle. And this is my question: Why do I wait until I go to the silverware drawer, to find all that's available is a shrimp fork? Or a spoon that looks like it's used to ladle fruit punch at a church reception. My goal--in preparing to be Chance Pearson's wife--is to be more proactive in the kitchen, in the house--everywhere. Living independently for so many years, we are each coming to realize the challenges and laughs we will have about working out all of our weird, individualistic quirks. I am gaining a lifelong reflection of me. Yikes. I anticipate many amazing things about marriage, but most of all, that it will reveal us to each other like no one else. We will reflect each other, whether we like it or not, but reflecting usually means rubbing, which means refining, which means purifying, which means pain, which always means growth and gain. Chance brings out the best in me--and most of the time that means really digging for it :) He's going to be a great husband and I want to be a great wife. With all that to say, tonight is our first night of Pre-marital Counseling. LOL? I'll let you know how it goes.

These are the things I already know for sure:

--We love God and are committed to His will, secure ourselves on His promises and know that His Word is the final and only authority. We are committed to Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." 

--Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves.." This is our M.O. Our -go to- reminder when our human tendency is to focus more on our own interests and needs. 

We are so excited!

Stay close as we will be posting photos and fun, brief bios about the bridal party and groom party :) We have carefully (and easily) selected people that we trust, we love and believe have been and will be incredible influences in our lives both individually and together!

No comments: