Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Merry?? Fitness.

Chance let me in on decorating the wall behind his desk at work. I'm not sure if I would be offended by it, but I'm definitely sure this would be a great gift :) 

Fitness hasn't always been a merry thought to me. Funny, I get paired up with this one. Oh, Lord, are you trying to tell me that I'm fat? Regardless, I now have a personal butt kicker and personal chef. Yes, you heard it. This sexy 5'10" Iowan corn fed fella has happily promised to prepare food for me until my dying day. Am I sad to forfeit my rights as a woman in the kitchen? Nope. Just to give you an example of my extreme "un"domestication, I was grocery shopping about 2 months ago and trying to be creative with my carbs. I was entrenched with the other 95% of America that believes "eating healthy" means choosing low-fat ice cream and sacrificing super size for a small fry. Turns out, to my scale's dismay, I have been regretfully mistaken. So I asked Chance, "Can you give me some new carbs options?? I'm at the store!!" I'm sure he smiled on the inside after his heart fluttered and said, "Ok, grab about 4 yams, and bake them. After about 45 minutes they will start oozing out of their skin. Then, peel the skin off and mash them----" "Whoaaaaa, whoa, whoa.." I interrupted.. "First of all.. What's a yam? Second. What do you mean by bake?" So, needless to reiterate-am I resisting giving up my Betty Crokedness? No. I might even get him a new apron for Christmas. 

These are some of the experiences I have with Chance Pearson. He's a chef, a nutritionist, a health nerd of sorts, but he's mine! I will take that ALL DAY long! A few weeks ago I was proud of my Laura Scudders Peanut Butter purchase (anytime you see oil on the top of your peanut butter, you know it has to be good for you). So, normally, you have to mix Laura Scudders because of the oil separation.. BUT.. she introduced a NO-STIR bi-product! I was stoked and bought 2. At the peak of my excitement, I called Chance and told him about the Peanut Butter. Yes, peanut butter deserves a call. I told him all about how I hated stirring the oil and how it never seems to mix well.. and so on. So, much to my surprise, I told him about this new NO-STIR and he said, "Can you return it?" First of all, who ever returns anything at the grocery store? Nordstrom, maybe. Fry's? No. So, I was curious. Why in the world would you want me to return something so wonderful? He asked me to read the label to him. It had hydrogenated vegetable oil in it. So what? I guess it's not good for you. Full of saturated fat, not the GOOD fat found in almonds, avocados, fish oil, etc. I am learning. Everyday.
-Kacey


1 comment:

The McPoland Family said...

I am cracking up!!! Hilarious...because my bootcamp instructor is exactly the same!!! Does he know Eric Gelder? Too funny!!!! :)